In gearing for the upcoming Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections in early 2017 the BJP government is looking to fix an alliance with the Suheldev Bharatiya Samaj Party (SBSP). The SBSP is a small political party which has an influence on backward and Dalit voters in eastern Uttar Pradesh.
A formal declaration regarding this pre-poll tie-up is likely to be announced soon by BJP national president Amit Shah. This follows including of Apna Dal MP Anupriya Patel in the BJP-led Union Cabinet hopefully with an eye on getting ‘Kurmi’ votes in the election-bound state.
Samajwadi Party is also preparing for the election. SP party is leaving no stone unturned to get into the competition and is focusing on wining the election.
Lets have a look at manifesto.
- The BJP Election campaign is in full force for the UP Election 2017 with slogan #AbUPbhiBadlega.
- The face of the BJP campaign in UP Elections is PM Narendra Modi who is constantly making rounds in the state. Recently, he also laid the foundation stone of Gorakhpur Fertilizer Plant and AIIMS in the eastern part of the Uttar Pradesh state.Akhilesh said UP would become “hub of mobile manufacturing” in coming future and major of factories would come up in Noida and nearby areas. It is also looking forward to introduce the unemployment allowance for the jobless youth till the time they get an employment.
- Since it is election in the state of Uttar Pradesh, BJP’s election campaign is also promoting Atal Bihari Vajpayee and his poems.
- By showing the statistics of rapes, domestic violence and crime against women BJP is taking a dig at the ruling Samajwadi party headed by Akhilesh Yadav.
- Say “No to Child Labor” and “Yes to Child Education” is motto of BJP.The SP manifesto also makes a powerful point towards free education for all at every level.
- The Real growth in the state of UP is BJP’s promise. After free laptops to students, the ruling Samajwadi Party is mulling giving mobile phones to students and might also include it in the party’s manifesto for the 2017 assembly polls.
- A Riot Free Uttar Pradesh is BJP’s promise to The people of UP. The Samajwadi Party Manifesto promises to stand and take action against communal forces.It favors to create stricter laws against communal violence in the state. It will make sure to release innocent Muslims who are behind bars for terror charges.
- BJP promises to Fight Back corruption in the state.Whereas The Samajwadi Party believes in continuously working towards the upliftment and betterment of weaker sections of society . On the issue of corruption, Akhilesh said it was a matter of concern to reduce corruption at every levels and if daily working is associated with latest technology, it could bring transparency and reduce corruption.
- Say “No to Women Harassment” and say “Yes to Women Empowerment” is slogan of BJP. The Samajwadi Party Manifesto promises to check ‘misuse’ of anti-rape law.
- The SP’s manifesto focuses on luring all the classes in the country. In order to impress the backward classes and the dalits, the party has also come up with strategies to focus on the upper castes.